Thursday, February 4, 2010

a silly story of sorts...

almost every morning i make instant oatmeal for breakfast.
yesterday i ran out, so i went to trader joe's and bought more.
i brought the box to work today... and around 8:30, i got hungry.

i attempted to open the box.
the cardboard was strangely resistant to my prying fingers
i wondered, did they use superglue to seal this box... sheesh!
a piece folded, but the glue was still resisting me
my fingers slipped and i bent a nail... great.
i file down my nail, and try again.

finally, half of the box lid opens.
i continue to force my finger underneath the box to try
and release the remaining glue and cardboard.
why the heck is it so difficult to get in this box!
it's instant oatmeal for cryin' out loud...

it finally opens, and i feel victorious.

until...

i look at the box and realize...
i've been trying to open the bottom.
awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment