Wednesday, March 3, 2010

battery low...

{caution: small tantrum/lots of reading ahead}

lately i've been feeling like i'm running on empty.
i've go no energy, no motivation, i feel BLEH.
i feel like a hamster on a wheel, 
and this hamster has had enough.
i wake up tired every morning,
and dream of blissful days that don't involve work.
i long for a vacation that lasts longer than 2 friggin days.
{if only i could afford to go anywhere}
needless to say, i've been a serious crabby pants lately
and can't figure out the root of the problem.

i'm trying to look on the bright side...
hey, it's wednesday... AND it's payday for me.
HECK YES.
i survived another "first week after 
paying rent and having no money until payday craziness."
go me.
i know i'm pretty close to being a grown up,
in fact to most people, i AM a grownup...
so why do i still feel like the starving student 
living paycheck to paycheck?
i don't have much in the way of savings,
i DONT have any money for a vacation,
and bills keep piling up on my kitchen counter.
i keep doing the RIGHT things, and it all ends up 
hitting the fan anyway, and costing me an arm and a leg.
{ahem, i started allergy shots yesterday, 
and my skin is reacting like i have poison oak. 
can something i do for my "health" not backfire for once?}

sorry for the all-over-the-place rant everyone. 
it's just been one of those weeks so far.
i'm hoping thursday and friday bring better things.

i'm suddenly reminded of a childhood book my parents 
used to read to me when i felt like this, 
and it always put things into perspective: 
one of my childhood favorites.
aren't children's books the greatest?

No comments:

Post a Comment