Monday, April 5, 2010

what.... a weekend.

it seems as though every weekend fills itself with errands, holidays, parties, and gatherings. i fill my time to the brim, to please everyone around me and let them know they are not forgotten. i give them my time and attention, and soon find that the work week has returned, always too soon. i then realize that i have succeeded in my duties to others, and left no one forgotten... except myself.

i am constantly forgetting to give myself some time. some much needed attention.
time to relax, to reflect, to unwind. as i go through this little thing called life, i realize that GO has become far too prominent in my vocabulary.

is this what being a grown up is all about?
is this how it is going to be?
filling my time for other people and finding little to no time for just myself?
shoot... and i don't even have kids yet.

ugh.
today i just want to be a dog.

sorry for the slight negativity folks.
there's just been alot going on in my life right now,
some of it i've brought upon myself, so i guess i shouldn't complain.

life is good... and i am a lucky girl.
i just allow myself to get a little down in the dumps sometimes.
every girl is entitled to some monday blues now and then, right?

hope you had a fantastic easter weekend!!
here's to a quick week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment